• Blurhappy0
    User
    Member since January 26, 2020

What are your thoughts:

I despise people who exploit the games code to their own  advantage, Hacks and Cheats are very disappointing, and ruin gameplay.

That Said, I believe there are a few hardware hacks/cheats out there that BF4DB doesn't detect or ignores as a whole, and I think this number is increasing.  One of the things I believe they ask if they believe you are Cheating/hacking is repeatability.  Which if you have hardware assisted aiming, you can do.  If you get lucky once in a while you cannot.  I am on the fence on this one.

I have been spectating a few very high K/D players who are vehicle players.  What I continue to see is a snap shot type movement in the reticle.  I.e. abrupt movements while taking aim, not the smooth arc of a normal Mouse or controller movement, then instant shot when on target. Often times the reticle will "jitter" a few times prior to shot/shooting.  At that moment the players are usually rapidly switching between thermal and normal view.  In the Helo often times those players will auto-center between TV and Guns during rapid switching.

Hopefully I will be able to capture more video on the subject and eventually post it on Reddit/Youtube.  Thanks for reading.

• Blurhappy0
    User
    Member since April 30, 2020

BF4DB is not an anti cheat that runs on a player's PC, so there is no concept of "hardware" cheats in this regard.  BF4DB can only with video or analysis of stats.  Being that most hacks have a spectator warning, getting video is a rare event unless the player really doesn't care about losing the account. It is also very easy for long time experienced cheaters to control their stats to avoid BF4DB. So yes there are lots of "clean" players who when you play against them you know are cheating but they will never be banned. And in some cases the players have 3000+ hours, know the maps inside and out, and are good players.

The real solution is a good anti cheat which EA has never wanted to invest in. Even 2042 using EAC was bypassed before it was even released.  Look at what Ricochet is doing on COD. It has not fully removed cheaters but it has made their lives very difficult and cost them lots of accounts.  Why does it work, because the manufacture cares enough about the player experience to invest in it.