This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • Sovereign_Skies
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

On January 4th, we started receiving seemingly isolated reports of legitimate players being banned by FairFight, including several members of our staff. BF4DB immediately started investigating and reached out to EA as well as several contacts that we have. Appeals for said bans were initiated immediately as well.

Over the last few days, we have come to the understanding that these bans are erroneously triggered (often while the subject isn't even logged in) through a previously unknown exploit. This exploit has been used to trigger bans on a not insignificant number of people, including streamers, members of staff at Anti-Cheat communities, and others.

We have noticed that these bans are not typical FairFight bans. The player in question may or may not receive an email stating that your Battlefield 4 account is in violation of the Terms of Service and that your gameplay access has been blocked for a certain amount of time. Some others who have been banned have not received this email. 

As far as we are aware at this time, none of the erroneous bans that were issued have actually resulted in a stats reset. SOME of the players are able to join and play on servers normally, and some (who received that email) are still blocked from playing.

If this situation has affected you, please let us know by posting below and appeal to EA as soon as possible. You can email EA at [email protected] or [email protected]. You can read more by clicking HERE. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact EA and/or change your password.

Effective immediately, BF4DB is suspending all reports for FairFight resets. Players that were erroneously banned (and are banned on BF4DB) that successfully appeal with EA will have their bans lifted here immediately. The BF4DB staff that had been banned by this exploit have already had their bans nullified. Others that are known cases are being appealed and processed as we speak as well.

This exploit is known to EA now and we have made the appropriate parties aware. It is unknown if this has been patched already, but please be careful of your account and keep your eyes out. Again, if this has affected you, please let us know.

• Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since June 23, 2017

Hello i also got FairFight banned and send a email to [email protected] Currently i can only play on servers where the servertype is hardcore. LOL

• Sovereign_Skies
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

Ye strange stuff.
  • Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since January 08, 2018

I have been banned FairFight and reset my stats for a while and I have not used cheating
    After playing for 3482 hours

A few months ago I was banned and I did not use cheating but unfortunately no one wants to believe me

I think if I were an employee bf4db it would have been possible to believe me

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/6neqi6/fairfight_fucked_me_up_3482_hours/

//Staffedit: Changed textcolour from black to default due to bad readability.

• Sovereign_Skies
    MXT
    User

For some reason the ones who were recently suspended due to an exploit being abused had their appeals approved and bans lifted. Your appeal however was denied quoting your response in the reddit thread.

This was over half a year ago EA denied your appeal complaining about it now won't help you either.

• Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since January 08, 2018

You know even if you reject this appeal does not mean they have done the right thing
    Believe me, I'm not dead before playing BF Not even games EA
    Because of their mistreatment you know there are a lot of people completely blocked them by mistake and always the company was rejecting the appeal and when someone intervenes from possible the appeal is accepted true has been banned from half a year but i have not actually used any cheat program
    I know you can not lift the ban but I repeat my words

They gave me one proof that I used cheating and a convincing guide. I am willing to put my account on the table but unfortunately there is no proof

//Staffedit: Textcolour changed to default due to bad readability on the dark forum background.

• Sovereign_Skies
    Administrator

Well, only advise I can give you is to re-appeal with the current knowledge of that vulnerability. But we can not help you if EA has denied your appeal.

• Sovereign_Skies
    MXT
    User

The intent of this thread was to inform the community about the situation not to discuss fairfight bans that happened half a year ago. If you feel like the ban has been issued in error appeal your ban at EA. We cannot help you.

• Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since June 30, 2017

yes im riceve bans Ea but not reset  Game disconnected: you were kicked by FairFight. Stated reason: 1 Week Suspension - LvL3 Monitoring Active #UYt8E5

• Sovereign_Skies
    User

email Ea : Dear Customer, We will be contacting you shortly regarding your EA account. Yours sincerely, EA Terms of Service

• Sovereign_Skies
    Administrator

Thanks for mentioning your issue here. Please wait for EA to respond. If the ban is indeed false you will be able to play again soon.

Since when you got this kickmessage?

• Sovereign_Skies
    User

3/4 day ago

• Sovereign_Skies
    User

im contact today ea my case is open
  • Sovereign_Skies
    User

Interesting.  You said three or four days ago?  On Thursday, January 4th?  Or another day?

• Sovereign_Skies
    User

I do not know exactly I noticed when I was logged in ... I was not kicked while I was playing  --- 3/4 days have passed -- what I can say of certainty that I never used tricks or anything ... I was honest ... if I was aware of using hacks I certainly did not write this